02 March, 2017
ABC News previously reported that a draft of the new executive order does not automatically reject refugees from Syria, and clarifies that green card holders and dual citizens of the us and the seven previously identified countries - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - are exempt.
The administration's previous travel ban was blocked by a federal court.
Trump is expected to issue a new executive order as soon as Wednesday, and US officials say it would continue to call for keeping citizens from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen from entering the United States. The White House has pledged to keep fighting for it in court.
The officials also said the order will exclude explicit exemption for religious minorities in the countries targeted by the travel ban.
The order went into effect immediately to worldwide outrage as travellers from these nations were either detained at arrival in the U.S. or were turned away from airports when they came to board their US-bound flights.
Congress returns, with health care, Supreme Court on agenda
Florida refused to expand Medicaid under the ACA, even though the federal government would have paid for the expansion. But, he assured them that a "fantastic" replacement plan is on the way that will lower costs and improve healthcare.
Canberra's retail, hospitality workers speak on Fair Work Commission rate cuts
The Fair Work Commission has spent nearly two years weighing evidence from more than 140 witnesses and 6000 written submissions. Ms O'Neill, in her honours year at university, said she barely made enough to pay her expenses without the penalty rate cut.
Dylann Roof stopped at second church after Charleston shooting
The GPS data suggested it wasn't the first time Roof had gone near Branch AME Church. Roof had represented himself in court since the penalty phase of the trial began.
The White House has prepared a legal response to the Ninth Circuit's ruling and, in the meantime, has promised modifications to the executive order.
According to four officials, the decision was taken by the USA administration following pressure from the Pentagon and State Department.
The original executive order, signed last month, applied to existing visa holders as well as new applicants. The officials said that Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen will stay on the list, but Iraq was removed because the country is a crucial partner in the fight against the Islamic State.
Trump is expected to sign the new order on Wednesday.