29 March, 2017
The blistering burns were a result of handling homemade slime, the newest social media craze that's inspiring kids to make their own with do-it-yourself recipes.
An 11-year-old MA girl is recovering from second and third degree burns from a popular do-it-yourself slime project, according to a report from CNN and WCVB.
When her mother picked her up from the sleepover, she was crying in pain.
Mom Siobhan Quinn was initially thrilled to see her daughter in the kitchen and away from the television - until this week when she started to notice her hands turning red.
Doctors said that the burns likely came from prolonged exposure to Borax, WECT6 notes.
"I've had other mothers say 'Oh we've made it a million times, its fine nothing happened to my child, '" Siobhan told WCVB.
Kathleen Quinn, 11, was making homemade slime last weekend, and while at a sleep-over, she woke up to excruciating pain.
Mathews' late 3 lifts Gonzaga over West Virginia
Carter and Miles led the way with 24 and 18 points respectively while senior Tarik Phillip came off of the bench to pump in 12. With just under two minutes to go, the officials decided against West Virginia and Carter getting too comfortable.
Kevin Whately pays tribute to Morse creator Colin Dexter
MacMillan's publisher, Jeremy Trevathan, described Dexter's death as a "tectonic shift in the global crime writing scene". He killed off the detective in the final book The Remorseful Day . "Very sad to hear of his death today".
Was Trump Wiretapped? Panetta Wants President To Apologize To Obama
Last week, the House Intelligence Committee received information from the Justice Department related to the wiretapping claims . He said he had not seen any evidence to back up the allegations, but would "investigate each and every one of these things".
Her parents took her to the hospital, where doctors said she had second and third degree burns.
"We made it a million times, too, and nothing happened", Quinn told WCVB.
This isn't the first report of burns associated with slime. She said her daughter might be "looking at plastic surgery".
"I thought it was great", Siobhan Quinn told ABC 13.
Though the recipe Deejay found online called for Borax, it is not easy to find in the United Kingdom because it can cause eye irritation or damage a person's fertility, the Evening News reported. Her message to other kids is "don't make it, don't play with it". You use glue and a chemical mixture.
This week, an expert at Consumer Reports warned parents to be cautious while handling Borax.