29 May, 2017
(Martin Rickett/PA via AP).
But as he appears to be waiting, it is possible he had already reached his destination: the Manchester Arena, where thousands of children and their parents were attending the Ariana Grande concert. Hundreds gathered at the landmark in their homes.
Police said they are working "around-the-clock" with more than 1,000 people involved in the investigation, pursuing more than 1,500 "actions".
Britain's top police officer for counter-terrorism said 11 men were being held by police with more arrests expected. Two men, aged 20 and 22, were arrested.
Prime Minister Theresa May said "a significant amount of police activity" and several arrests had led to the level being lowered.
Meanwhile, national level campaigning for the June 8 general election resumed today after local level campaigns were resumed yesterday following suspension in the wake of the attacks on Monday night.
The decision to lower the threat rating from its highest level was made by the country's Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre in light of the arrests made in the Manchester attack investigation, May said. Until it was raised Tuesday, it had stayed at severe since mid-2014.
A suicide bomber killed 22 people and wounded scores of others minutes after Grande's concert at the Manchester Arena ended on Monday night. Another brother and Abedi's father have been detained in Libya. "We are gathering a detailed picture of Abedi as the investigation develops and now need people to tell us if they have any information about his movements from 18 May when he returned to the United Kingdom through to Monday night".
"There is still much more to do".
The arrests were made after searches in Cheetham Hill area of Manchester, where a controlled explosion was used to gain entry into an address.
Pope prays for Manchester blast victims
British police on Saturday said they were raiding an address in Moss Side, with AFP staff reporting that a bomb disposal vehicle was at the scene and that the area was being evacuated. Photos showed an army bomb-disposal unit at the property.
British police on Saturday released surveillance-camera images of the Manchester concert bomber on the night of the attack as they appealed for more information about his final days. "We thought he must have been a drug dealer or doing witchcraft", Mr El-Hudarey told the broadcaster.
The attack also injured 116 people, of whom 75 were admitted to hospital and 23 remain in a very serious condition, health authorities said on Thursday.
"Eight men remain in custody for questioning", they said.
Rowley advised people to be vigilant but to "go out as you planned and enjoy yourselves".
However, extra armed officers will be on duty across the country with security stepped up at some 1,300 events over the long holiday weekend.
Before kickoff, Prince William laid a wreath in memory of the victims alongside Manchester mayor Andy Burnham.
Arsenal fan Liz Johnson said she was "sad after what happened in Manchester. I don't want to go the rest of the year without being able to see and hold and uplift my fans, the same way they continue to uplift me".
A security alert at London's Old Vic Theatre prompted the evacuation of cast and audience in the middle of a performance of "Woyzeck" - starring "Star Wars" actor John Boyega.
Ms Rudd said "potentially" other members of Abedi's group could still be free and "we can't be entirely sure that it is closed".
'We won't let this divide us.
Philippines needs modern arms to fight Isis, Duterte tells Putin
Duterte is also expected to grace several business meetings to encourage Russian businessmen to invest in the Philippines. I am just telling you.my interpretation: "there was no bullying or pushing around, it was not a threat", Cayetano added.
Magic hire Weltman to head basketball operations
The Magic hoped to have a leader of the Basketball Operations department in place prior to the June 22nd NBA Draft. One of the key architects of the most successful era in Raptors history is leaving to helm the Orlando Magic .
Microsoft was hoarding patches for WannaCry exploit
Microsoft has blamed the USA government for creating the software code that was used by hackers to launch the cyber-attacks. Microsoft is unlikely to face legal trouble over the ransomware attack, according to legal experts.