10 November, 2017
It follows nine other allegations, ranging from inappropriate sexual conduct to assault and groping. So, basically, this was a good move for everyone, except Kevin Spacey.
Shooting on the film had already been completed when the decision was made to remove Spacey from the finished product, Variety reports. He took over Spacey's role as J. Paul Getty, the industrialist who was named by the the richest living American in1966 by the Guinness Book of World Records.
Given the state of the current environment and news, it's inspiring to see filmmakers fight for what is morally right, and the producers' support of Scott gives the movie a chance for a fair shake in the marketplace and potentially in awards season, which would not have happened had Spacey's scenes been left intact after the troubling allegations leveled against the actor. The release is expected to go ahead as planned on 22 December.
The two-time Oscar victor Kevin Spacey will be replaced by Christopher Plummer in the upcoming movie about oil magnate John Paul Getty.
The film was slotted to be shown at AFI Fest in Los Angeles but was pulled Tuesday because of the accusations against Spacey, which continues to mount.
Twitter is officially doubling the character limit to 280
During the 280-character tests, that number fell significantly, according to a graph of English-only tweets provided by Twitter . Long-form tweeting is now the standard for everyone, and the changes are in the process of rolling out to all users.
Bowling Green man charged with assaulting Sen. Paul
The alleged assailant was arrested and " Senator Paul is fine ", Kelsey Cooper said, according to The Hill news website. Kentucky State Police Officers state the assault occurred on Friday in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the Senator's Home.
At least 10 die in 2 auto bombings in Mogadishu
Its sister hotel, the Nasahablod, was targeted by Al Shabab in a similar attack that killed 11 people in June a year ago . Other victims included a senior Somali police colonel, a former lawmaker and a former government minister.
The claims against Spacey span from the mid-1980s to a year ago.
The controversy surround Spacey began in late October, as Anthony Rapp, an original cast member of Broadway's "Rent", accused the actor of harassing him when he was 14 years old.
The decision follows more sexual misconduct allegations against the Oscar-winner from a woman who says he touched her 18-year-old son in MA last year.
Spacey's representatives say he is seeking unspecified treatment.
After the allegations were levelled against Kevin Spacey, Netflix also cut ties with the actor.