27 January, 2018
Pinellas County Animal Services posted the story of Violet, a white Maltese mix, earlier this week.
Pinellas County Animal Services managed to save the life of a Maltese-mix dog whose owners chose to dye her hair violet.
But this led to her eyes swelling up and becoming "limp and listless". She was immediately given fluids, pain medication and bandages, but those at the shelter didn't think she'd survive.
Staff were not sure if Violet would make it through the night, but after going home with one of the vets, she was a little better the next day. Good thing Violet was peacefully anaesthetised. "And she came in the next morning and we were amazed that she had made it through the night".
Scientists discover mummy found in church is Boris Johnson's relative
Anna Catharina Bischoff is believed to be the great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother of the British Foreign Secretary . Newly discovered archives in 2017 led historians to suspect the mummy was of a well-established Basel family, the Bischoffs.
Judge tells Nassar she signed his death warrant
However, more female athletes of the U.S. gymnastics team came forward to give their statements against Nassar. The sentencing of 54-year-old Nassar was met with applaud as the victims cried and embraced.
Microsoft Launches Xbox One X in India
The new initiative applies to all Microsoft Studios games in the future, which has whet the appetite for more Xbox One exclusives. Xbox Game Pass is a cool service allowing many Xbox One gamers to play a host of great games for just a small monthly fee.
'It was clear - Violet was on the mend and she wanted everyone to know it'.
Violet suffered severe burns from human hair dye. "Let's all say that together-Do NOT, under any circumstances, use hair color intended for humans on your pets", the post warned. "Just don't", they said in a Facebook post. Our pets are attractive just the way they are - and frankly, if you think otherwise, you might want to reconsider taking the responsibility of caring for an animal. She started to walk the halls, make noises again, and accept gentle pets from the staff. He added the shelter has built a case against the former owner should they ever appear.
But after three months of care - including pain medication, antibiotics, IV fluids, honey treatments, scab removal as well as anesthetizing and bandage changes - little Violet was starting to pull through.
"When the final bandages came off we breathed a collective sigh of relief - Violet was lovely", animal services said.
One 2013 study by Tufts University detailed the case of one eight-year-old Border Collie who had ingested natural hair dye - henna - and developed a life-threatening case of anemia.