Saudis say 1 killed in Houthi missile attack

Saudi Arabia intercepts four Yemeni rebel missiles
Top News: The Newest: Yemen rebels: Eight missiles fired at Saudi targets
Author

28 Апреля, 2018

The Saudi-led coalition imposed a total blockade on Yemen's ports in November in retaliation for cross-border Huthi missile attacks on Saudi Arabia.

Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis gathered on Saturday morning at Sabeen Square in the capital Sanna in a historic funeral procession to say goodbye to the President Saleh Ali Al-Sammad and his companions, who was killed in Hodeida, last Thursday by the US-backed Saudi-led air strikes.

Saudi Arabia and its allies launched the war in March 2015 in support of Yemen's former Riyadh-friendly government and against the Houthi Ansarullah movement, which is now running state affairs.

Saudi Arabia backs Yemen's internationally acknowledged authorities and goals to defeat the Iran-backed Houthis to revive the federal government to energy. There were no reports of casualties.

According to the TV channels "Ahmaria" and "al-Arabiya" and the Reuters, in the night of Saturday, the air force Saudi coalition attacked the complex of buildings of the Ministry of internal Affairs of Yemen in Sana'a.

Saudi Arabia said it had intercepted four missiles and that one man had been killed by debris.

Iran's main objective is to destabilize the Saudi Arabian, regional and worldwide security, Col. Malki said, adding, "Launching ballistic missiles at densely populated civilian areas is a direct breach of the principles of global humanitarian laws".

Читайте также: Liverpool tell Real Madrid £200m will not get you Mohamed Salah

The Directorate of Saudi Civil Defense said it received reports that shrapnel killed one civilian and damaged two houses and three vehicles.

A coalition spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for confirmation.

Tehran blames Saudi Arabia for the devastating Yemen war, which has seen millions struggle to secure food.

Continued missile attacks from Houthi rebels in Yemen have forced Saudi Arabia to cut off air, sea and land links from its neighbour.

In Sanaa, Huthi supporters lined the streets Saturday for the funeral of Sammad and six others killed in the April 19 strike.

Almost 10,000 people have been killed since the Saudi-led alliance joined the Yemen conflict, triggering what the United Nations has called the world's worst humanitarian crisis.

The blockade has since been partially lifted, but access remains limited and the impoverished country stands on the brink of starvation.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог


More news